BKBM’s civil engineering staff has vast experience with a wide variety of public and private developments. We understand that every project is unique and every site is unique. BKBM prides itself with thinking “outside the box” when addressing site constraints, project budget, agency approval process, and storm water management. Whether the project is the rehabilitation of a small parking lot or Master Planning for a large multi-use development, BKBM’s approach to the project is very similar. Determine site constraints, discuss owner’s project goals and budget, and determine governing agency requirements. Our goal is to provide a high quality product that meets the owner’s budget and intended use.
BKBM project portfolio includes College/K-12 schools, medical clinics, office/warehouse, mixed-use buildings, industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, apartments, condominiums, single family homes, residential subdivision, property master planning, railroad design, roadway design, and stormwater management.
Services provided include:
- Site Development Due Diligence Research
- Site Concept/Master Planning
- Site Construction Cost Opinions
- LEED and Minnesota B3 Designs
- Stormwater Management Design to meet Owner/Governing agency requirements
- Site Demolition/Erosion Control Plans
- Grading, Drainage, and Erosion Control Plans
- Roadway, Sidewalk, and Trail Designs
- Utility Plans
- Railroad Designs
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Project manual specifications
- Construction Observation and/or Construction Inspection
- Shop Drawing Review
- Punch List
- Peer Review
- Civil Forensic Engineering and Expert Testimony
BKBM’s civil engineering department has worked throughout the Midwest and is familiar with many City, County, State, and Watershed District requirements and standards. BKBM often assist the Owner/Design Team in the public approval/permitting process via attending meetings with the neighborhood, City Staff, City Planning Commission meetings, City Council meetings, County/State/Department of Natural Resources/Army Corps of Engineers, and Watershed District Staff/Board meetings.
BKBM is an integral part of the design process and prides itself on providing quality service to all of our clients, be they the architect, developer, contractor, or owner. We not only pay close attention to the client’s goals during design, but follow through with the project during construction providing field observation, inspection, and construction administration.